Genealogy - 12 - Benjamin
Sources for this genealogical chart are:
Genesis, Numbers, IChronicles, Exodus
Roman #=Inheritor/alternate spellings (meaning of name) Lived years.
Children: In order of their birth or of their scriptural listing
(#'s) reflect # of generations from section head
= this person connected to the time of Moses.
= a chieftain or namesake of a military
division in the time of Moses.
= this person was connected to King David
XXII. Jacob (to supplant or seize at the heel) also:
Israel (wrestles with God or a match of a god)|
Lived 147 yrs. His children were all born during the second seven years of servitude to Laban except for Benjamin. He had twelve sons, and one daughter. Jacob's age when his children were born is figured from his age when he entered Egypt. He was 130 when Joseph was 39 (at 30 he took power, 7 years of lean, 2 years of drought). Thus, Jacob was between 84 and 91 when all his children were born.
|The Sons of Israel:|
1. Reuben, by Leah, Rachel's sister
2. Simeon, by Leah
3. Levi, by Leah
4. Judah, by Leah
5. Dan, by Bilhah, Rachel's maid
6. Naphtali, by Bilhah
7. Gad, by Zilpah, Leah's maid|
8. Asher, by Zilpah
9. Issachar, by Leah
10. Zebulun, by Leah
A daughter, Dinah
11. Joseph, by Rachel
12. Benjamin, by Rachel
12. Benjamin (son of the right hand, or fortunate) |
IChron 7:6, and 8:1 Various sources.
Genesis 46:21, IChron. 7:6, IChron. 8:1, Judges 3:15, Num 1:11, 34:21
Sons: Gen 46:21, Belah, Becher, Ashbel, Gera, Naaman, Ehi, Rosh, Muppim, Huppim, Ard
Sons: IChron. 7:6, Belah, Becher, Zediael
Sons: IChron. 8:1, Bela was firstborn, Ashbel second, Ahara third, Nohah, fourth, Rapha fifth
|The sons of Bela were: Addar, Gera, Abihud, Abishua, Naaman, Ahoah, Gera, Shephuphan, and Huram.|
(2) Bela/Bale begot:|
Ezbon, Uzzi, Uzziel, Jerimoth, Iri IChron. 7:7
(2) Becher/Beker begot: Zemira, Joash, Eliezer, Elioenai, Omri, Jerimoth, Abiah (Abijah), Anathoth, Alameth
Sons of Jediael (?) Bilhan, who begot Jeush, Benjamin, Ehud, Chenaanah, Zethan, Tharshish, Ahishahar
The Shuppites and Huppites were the descendents of Ir, and the Hushites of Aher.
These are unclear. It jumps from Benjamin to sons of Ehud and Saharim, then back to Benjamin and the sons of Ehud/Abihud?? were Gera, Shephuphan, and Huram, and these are the heads of the fathers of the inhabitants of Geba, and they removed them to Manahath.
And Naaman, Ahiab, and Gera, he removed them and begat Uzza, and Ahihud And Shaharaim begat children in the country of Moab, after he had sent them away; Hushim and Baara were his wives.Judges 3:15, Ehud, the son of Gera
Children: Ashbel, Gera, Naaman, Ehi, Rosh, Muppim, Huppim, Ard (came into Egypt)
Addar, Gera (a grain, or guest), Abihud, Abishua, *Naaman (pleasantness), Ahoah, Shephuphan, Huram
(2) Becher begot
(3) Zemira, Joash, Eliezer, Elioenai, Omri, Jerimoth, Abiah, Anathoth, Alameth
(3)Bilban who begot (4)Jeush, Benjamin, Ehud, Chenanah, Zethan, Tharshish, Ahishahar
(3)Abitub and Elpaal (3) Elpaal begot
(4) Eber, Misham, Shamed, Beriah, Shema,
(4) Beriah begot
(5) Ahio, Shashak, Jeremoth, Zebadiah, Arad, Ader, Michael, Ispah, Joha,
(2) Belah (destruction, or swallowing up)|
Aharah/Aher/Ahiram (brother is exalted, or brother's follower)
Ashbel (known to God)
Gera (a grain, or guest)
Ehi (a brother) Rosh (head, or chief)
Muppim (Shephypham or Shupham in IChron.8:5)
(possibly groups that joined to the Benjamin tribe, re: their plural form)
Jediael, Nohah, Rapha
and daughters Maachah, Zelophehad
Num. 1:11, Abidan, son of Gideoni chieftain with Moses
Num. 34:21, Elidad, son of Kislon, chieftain over division of territories
IChron. 8:39, (150 in all)
IChron. 9:7, of those who returned to Jerusalem after the exile, (965 in all)
(1) Sallu, son of Meshullam, the son of Hodaviah, the son of Hassenuah
(2) Ibneiah, son of Jeroham
(3) Elah, son of Uzzi, the son of Micri
(4) Meshullam, son of Shephatiah, the son of Reuel, the son of Ibnijah
The genealogy of King Saul IChron. 10:4, alternate story of Saul's
death IChron 9:35:|
From the tribe of Benjamin: (1) Jeiel begot
(2) Gibeon who begot
(3) Abdon, who begot
(4) Zur, Kish, Baal, Ner, Nadab, Gedor, Ahio, Zechariah and Mikloth.
(5) Mikloth was the father of
(5) Ner was the father of
(6) Kish who begot
(7) Saul who begot Jonathan, Malki-Shua, Abinadab, and Esh-Baal.
(8) Jonathan begot
(9) Merib-Baal who begot ; (10) Micah who begot Pithon, Melech, Tahrea and Ahaz (11) Ahaz was the father of (12) Jadah, who begot Alemeth, Azmaveth and Zimri.(13) Zimri was the father of (14) Moza who begot (15) Binea, who begot (16) Rephaiah who begot (17) Eleasah who begot Azel. (18) Azel had six sons: (19) Azrikam, Bokeru, Ishmael, Sheariah, Obadiah, and Hanan.